Britten-Norman private jet charter
Private Jets UK arranges flights on Britten-Norman private jets to any part of the world. We offer over 6.900 business jets of all types and configurations. Our experts will help you choose the best option based on your route and preferences. Our company will take care of all organizational issues, such as preparation of documents and agreements, meeting at the airport, transfer, fast customs clearance, etc. We provide a full range of business aviation services, as well as concierge services. We arrange private jet flights from Great Britain and countries of Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East. For 12 years of successful work, we have managed to establish partnerships with the world’s leading airlines and VIP terminals, which allows us to offer our clients the most favourable flight conditions on Britten-Norman jets, as well as a high level of service. The site contains only a small part of business jets available for rent.
The cost of a flight on Britten-Norman private jet depends on many factors: the model of business jet, the number of passengers, departure and arrival airports, type of flight, duration of parking (waiting) at the airport, additional services, etc. Therefore, we calculate the price of each order individually based on your wishes and flight details. You can also use our online calculator and get a fast price calculation by filling in all the data in the form below. Please make sure to indicate the correct contact details, as the calculation will be sent to your e-mail.
The history of the company “Britten-Norman”
“Britten-Norman” (BN) is a small privately-owned British aircraft manufacturer that produces light business jets and provides engineering, technical and aviation services worldwide. The company was founded by the entrepreneurs John Britten and Desmond Norman in 1954 in the village of Bembridge on the Isle of Wight that lies in the English Channel. Today, the company is headquartered in London.
Main features of Britten-Norman jets:
- simple and reliable design;
- possibility of adapting to any requirements;
- ease of piloting;
- moderate cost;
- absence of complex knots;
- high payload.
The main advantage of Britten-Norman jets is the possibility of taking off from/landing at the provincial airports with short runways (less than 1.000 m in length), inaccessible to many other regional aircraft models.
Prices for domestic private flights in UK
- London - Edinburgh ~ 5000 EUR (~ 4300 GBP);
- London - Jersey ~ 4000 EUR (~ 3500 GBP);
- London - Dublin ~ 3500 EUR (~ 3000 GBP);
- London - Grenoble ~ 4000 EUR (~ 3500 GBP);
- London - Birmingham ~ 3000 EUR (~ 2600 GBP);
- London - Leeds ~ 2700 EUR (~ 2300 GBP);
- London - Manchester ~ 4000 EUR (~ 3400 GBP);
- London - Liverpool ~ 4500 EUR (~ 3800 GBP);
- London - Newcastle ~ 3500 EUR (~ 3000 GBP);
- London - Glasgow ~ 4500 EUR (~ 3800 GBP);
- London - Bristol ~ 3800 EUR (~ 3200 GBP);
- London - Southampton ~ 3200 EUR (~ 2800 GBP);
- London - East Midlands ~ 3800 EUR (~ 3200 GBP);
- London - Cardiff ~ 4100 EUR (~ 3500 GBP);
- London - Inverness ~ 5200 EUR (~ 4500 GBP);
- London - Aberdeen ~ 4800 EUR (~ 4100 GBP);
- London - Gibraltar ~ 9600 EUR (~ 8200 GBP).
This is only a small part of the available routes. Please note that 92% of all UK business jets are based at the airports of London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. However, if you want to depart from another city, we can organize a business jet flight to the airport of your choice.
Prices for international flights by private jets
- London - Nice ~ 7100 EUR (~ 6100 GBP);
- London - Munich ~ 6800 EUR (~ 5800 GBP);
- London - Geneva ~ 6600 EUR (~ 5600 GBP);
- London - Paris ~ 5500 EUR (~ 4700 GBP);
- London - Geneva ~ 7500 EUR (~ 6500 GBP);
- London - Zurich ~ 7700 EUR (~ 6600 GBP);
- London - Ibiza ~ 11000 EUR (~ 9500 GBP);
- London - Cannes ~ 9700 EUR (~ 8300 GBP);
- London - Bern ~ 8200 EUR (~ 7000 GBP);
- London - Malaga ~ 12000 EUR (~ 10300 GBP);
- London - Milan ~ 9500 EUR (~ 8100 GBP);
- London - Olbia ~ 10000 EUR (~ 8600 GBP);
- London - Palma de Mallorca ~ 11000 EUR (~ 9500 GBP);
- London - Rome ~ 10000 EUR (~ 8600 GBP);
- London - Athens ~ 15000 EUR (~ 12900 GBP);
- London - Madrid ~ 8100 EUR (~ 6900 GBP);
- London - Frankfurt ~ 11000 EUR (~ 9500 GBP);
- London - Barcelona ~ 8500 EUR (~ 7300 GBP);
- London - Dubai ~ 62000 EUR (~ 53000 GBP);
- London - Moscow ~ 23000 EUR (~ 19700 GBP);
- London - New York ~ 70000 EUR (~ 60200 GBP);
- London - Monaco ~ 8000 EUR (~ 6800 GBP);
- London - Amsterdam ~ 10000 EUR (~ 8600 GBP);
- London - Berlin ~ 7000 EUR (~ 6000 GBP);
- London - Budapest ~ 9000 EUR (~ 7700 GBP);
- London - Larnaca ~ 13000 EUR (~ 11000 GBP);
- London - Tel Aviv ~ 20000 EUR (~ 17200 GBP);
- London - Chambery ~ 9000 EUR (~ 7700 GBP);
- London - Prague ~ 6400 EUR (~ 5500 GBP);
- London - Riga ~ 9000 EUR (~ 7700 GBP);
- London - Malta ~ 10000 EUR (~ 8600 GBP);
- London - Anguilla ~ 55000 EUR (~ 47300 GBP);
- London - Bali ~ 50000 EUR (~ 43000 GBP);
- London - Barbados ~ 60000 EUR (~ 51600 GBP);
- London - Madeira ~ 16000 EUR (~ 13600 GBP);
- London - Fiji ~ 55000 EUR (~ 47000 GBP);
- London - Belize ~ 70000 EUR (~ 60000 GBP);
- London - Miami ~ 60000 EUR (~ 51000 GBP);
- London - Las Vegas ~ 70000 EUR (~ 59800 GBP);
- London - Minsk ~ 10000 EUR (~ 8500 GBP);
- London - Delhi ~ 57000 EUR (~ 48700 GBP);
- London - Doha ~ 43000 EUR (~ 36700 GBP);
- London - Pattaya ~ 70000 EUR (~ 60000 GBP);
- London - Bangkok ~ 72000 EUR (~ 61500 GBP);
- London - Hong Kong ~ 80000 EUR (~ 68000 GBP);
- London - GOA ~ 75000 EUR (~ 64000 GBP);
- London - Singapore ~ 95000 EUR (~ 81000 GBP);
- London - Istanbul ~ 17000 EUR (~ 14500 GBP);
- London - Tokyo ~ 100000 EUR (~ 85500 GBP);
- London - Toronto ~ 50000 EUR (~ 42700 GBP);
- London - Johannesburg ~ 100000 EUR (~ 85500 GBP);
- London - Colombo ~ 95000 EUR (~ 81000 GBP);
- London - Kuala Lumpur ~ 98000 EUR (~ 83700 GBP);
- London - Los Angeles ~ 70000 EUR (~ 60000 GBP);
- London - Miami ~ 59000 EUR (~ 50400 GBP);
- London - Macau ~ 90000 EUR (~ 77000 GBP);
- London - Seychelles ~ 77000 EUR (~ 65800 GBP);
- London - Maldives ~ 70000 EUR (~ 60000 GBP);
- London - Virgin Islands ~ 59000 EUR (~ 50500 GBP);
- London - Bahamas ~ 63000 EUR (~ 54000 GBP);
- London - Hawaiian Islands ~ 90000 EUR (~ 77000 GBP);
This is also only a small part of the possible routes to get acquainted with the order of prices. You can get a more accurate calculation completely free of charge by contacting our aviation consultants. We can offer particularly favorable conditions for domestic flights in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and European countries. It is possible due to the large volume of flights in these regions and favorable partnership conditions with the aircraft owners.
If you want to make an urgent calculation of the cost of a private plane flight, use our online calculator. Just fill in all the fields of the form with a note that you are interested in a specific model of the aircraft and get the final price. NB! – the figures are sent to you by email or messenger, please carefully fill in the contact details to get the calculation.
All our calculations are as transparent as possible for you. After receiving the request, we will prepare a beautiful offer - where the costs and the final price will be clearly described. The exact price is agreed in advance and is written in the contract, so you can be sure of the final cost.
Stages of flight preparation
A business jet flight is carefully prepared. The whole organization of the flight consists of several stages:
- Planning. At this stage, the request received from the customer is processed, the most suitable aircraft are selected, legal issues and flight safety issues are resolved;
- A contract is concluded. The contract specifies the obligations of the parties, the route schedule, departure dates, and cost. The agreement is drawn up in two copies, the first remains with the air broker, the other is for the client. The payment is possible in any way that suits the customer;
- Ensuring the flight. This is one of the most important stages of flight organization. The air broker coordinates the receipt of slots, submits requests to the aviation services for departure and landing, looks for suitable VIP terminals;
- Flying in ideal conditions. After signing the contract, passengers of charter flights are only required to arrive at the airport on time, board, and spend time in the sky in a pleasant atmosphere.
If necessary, air brokers will arrange a transfer from the arrival airport, book a hotel or find the best accommodation in the private sector.
How to rent a business jet with a crew
5 main stages:
Sending an application
Clarification of details and search for options
Preparation and coordination of optimal options
Registration of documents. Payment of the invoice.
Departure on the route.
Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander
Initially, BN jets were developed for communication between small islands. Hence the name of the most successful jet model – “Islander”. In the early 1960s, the founders of the company noted the rapid growth of regional air services. They concluded that the capacity and cheaper passenger traffic for operators of these short routes are much more important than the flight range or high cruising speed of the jets. That’s how they designed their successful model of a light jet.
In June 1965, the first prototype of BN-2 Islander with two Rolls-Royce/Continental IO-360B piston engines made its maiden flight. A few days later, it was presented to the public at the Paris Air Show in Le Bourget.
Next year, these flying machines, equipped with more powerful Lycoming O-540-E engines, were certified for regional flights in Europe, the USA, Canada and Australia. Britten-Norman has received many orders for the production of cheap Icelanders. In the 1960s, the price of such an aircraft was about $53.000, which was quite affordable for private pilots.
The standard model of BN-2 Islander can accommodate up to 9 passengers and one pilot. There are several modifications of Islander, designed to fulfil a wide range of tasks: from charters and regular flights to VIP flights. We offer a personalized aircraft production program for private clients. Any cabin configurations and sets of equipment are available. The clients are offered different options for the interior design of the passenger compartment and location of the seats, ergonomic leather seats, additional external fairings, etc. These versatile jets can be easily refitted for parachuting, agricultural needs, as well rescue and firefighting and ambulance aviation. Sprayers, radars and containers with various equipment can be installed on the underwing racks. BN-2A-30 is equipped with floats for landing on water.
Technical characteristics of the basic model Britten-Norman Islander
- cruising speed: 240 km/h;
- altitude ceiling: 3.400 m;
- range: 1.390 km;
- takeoff run: 370 m;
- landing run: 300 m.
Today, Islander is one of the best-selling commercial aircraft types produced in Europe. These unpretentious jets are especially popular among private pilots and airlines of developing countries and island states that have small airfields – for example, “Maldivian” (Maldives) and “Air Seychelles” (Seychelles). Over 800 Islander jets have been in service by October 2019.
Britten-Norman Defender Jets
In the 1970s, the designers of “BN” developed a multi-role utility transport aircraft called Britten-Norman Defender. The turboprop modifications of this jet are still in production. Britten-Norman Defender is the military version of BN Islander. The jet has a larger airframe with four underwing hardpoints for pylons to attach 1.100 kg of combat missiles, rapid-fire rifles, sensors, radars, etc.) The jet is powered by two 400 hp Rolls-Royce 250 B17F turbofan engines. Norman Defender is developed for roles such as patrol, coast guard, radar reconnaissance and long-range detection (AEW Defender), as well as transportation of amphibious and anti-terrorist groups. The jet can accommodate up to 2 pilots and 16 troops in the transport role.
Several key characteristics of Britten-Norman Defender:
- takeoff weight – 3.856 kg;
- range – up to 1.863 km;
- maximum speed – 326 km/h;
- altitude – up to 7.600 m;
- takeoff run: 565 m;
- landing run: 589 m.
The Maritime Defender is another military version of the Islander, intended for military intelligence and coastal patrol. A stretched version of the Defender, the BN2T-4S Defender 4000, entered service in 1997.
Britten-Norman jets don’t have a sophisticated design. These propeller-driven aircrafts with piston and turbine engines look a bit outdated. However, Britten-Norman jets are true “workhorses” that can serve an entire generation. Simple and reliable Islanders and Defenders are used by the UK’s Royal Air Force and included in the police fleet of the UK, Malta, Pakistan, Morocco, Philippines and many other countries.
Britten-Norman Trislander Jets
Britten-Norman Trislander (more formally designated the BN-2A Mk III Trislander) is a further development of BN-2 Islander. Trislander first flew in 1970. The jet has a stretched fuselage, a fixed tricycle undercarriage and three air-cooled six-cylinder Lycoming O-540-E4C5 engines with a capacity of up to 260 hp (190 kW) each. Two engines are mounted under the wings, and the third one- on the fuselage centre line. The Trislander can readily operate from unprepared surfaces and has exceptional low speed handling characteristics.
The jet can transport up to 18 passengers and requires one or two pilots.
BN Trislander is especially popular among wealthy aristocrats and businessmen passionate about African safaris, adventures and travels to the exotic islands, as this VIP jet is perfectly suitable for these purposes.
Technical characteristics of business model Britten-Norman Trislander
- fuselage length: 15.01 m;
- wingspan: 15.16 m;
- takeoff weight: 4.536 kg;
- cruising speed: 249 km/h;
- altitude ceiling: 4.010 m;
- range: 1.600 km;
- fuel supply: 700 l;
- takeoff run: 590 m;
- landing run: 440 m.
Comparable models from other manufacturers: turboprop GAF Nomad (Australia), Mitsubishi MU-2 (Japan), Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter (Canada), Dornier Do 228 (Germany), Let L-410 Turbolet (Czech Republic).
BN-2A Mk III Trislander is no longer produced. Currently, new models are being developed with noiseless cabins, new navigation equipment and upgraded engines. However, three-engine models of Britten-Norman BN-2A Mk III Trislander are still used by the airlines of Fiji (Air Pacific), Guyana (Roraima Airways), Antigua and Barbuda islands (LIAT) in the Caribbean and Taiwan (Taiwan Airways). The company “Travel Air” (Costa Rica) uses these jets for sightseeing flights, and in Botswana (South Africa), BN-2A Mk III Trislanders are used by the Air Force. Hundreds of such reliable jets have been used for private flights for many decades in 120 countries of the world.
After a major renovation at the manufacturer, the jets of this model are equipped to meet the requirements of VIP clients, chartered or sold on the secondary aircraft market.
A working model of BN-2A Mk III Trislander is exhibited at the Imperial War Museum Duxford – Britain’s largest aviation museum. It is located at Duxford Aerodrome, 15 km south of Cambridge. Fans of aircrafts should travel there by private jet to enjoy the impressive exposition and visit the air shows that are often held at Duxford Aerodrome.
UK business aviation airports
Our clients have access to all airports of the UK and Europe. Due to the unique partnership conditions, we can offer our clients the best prices for business aviation services. Our experts will consult you on the availability of private jets in a particular city and help you choose the best option.
Current list of TOP 25 business aviation airports:
|London Heathrow Airport||England||EGLL||LHR|
|London City Airport||England||EGLC||LCY|
|Liverpool John Lennon Airport||England||EGGP||LPL|
|East Midlands Airport||England||EGNX||EMA|
|Cardiff International Airport||Wales||EGFF||CWL|
|Airport Doncaster Sheffield||England||EGCN||DSA|
|London Biggin Hill||England||EGKB||BQH|
|Belfast Airport||Northern Ireland||EGAA||BFS|
Traveling on a rented business jet is convenient, fast, and comfortable. You can further improve flight conditions and safety in the sky by ordering a number of additional services, such as:
- Catering – individual meals on board. The passenger can tell us the wishes for the menu, and we will fully fulfill them;
- Internet - we organize a stable connection throughout the flight;
- Comprehensive service in VIP halls;
- Transfer at any airport on the type of transport that suits the passenger – a car, a helicopter, a yacht;
- Booking hotels and luxury accommodation on the islands and with private property owners;
- Treatment of the plane with anti-icing liquid.
Additional requests are discussed separately and are also prescribed in the contract. Each client of our company can count on complete anonymity and on the help of a personal manager at all stages of the organization of the flight.
How to pay for a flight and refund money for a failed flight
Payment for the aircraft lease is carried out after the signing of the contract. You can deposit cash or make a wire transfer. In some situations, an invoice is more convenient, but in any case, our company allows the client to choose the payment method that is more profitable for him/her.
If the scheduled flight is canceled at the client’s request, the funds won’t be returned in full. This is quite understandable since certain costs for the organization of the flight were already on the part of the air broker. However, our company tries to make sure that the client loses as little as possible. In those situations, when the lease is canceled due to our fault, which fortunately happens extremely rarely, the funds are returned in full.
You can find out all the conditions for renting business jets by phone or by sending a request to our company's email.
Book a Private Jet
We are here to assist you 24/7. You are always welcome! No matter when, why or how - whether by mail, by phone, by email, WhatsApp or live chat - you will hear from us without delay.
Catalog of Britten-Norman aircraft available for rent: